Sunday 7 February 2016

LAUNCHED: The 2nd edition of Sowing The Mustard Seed

Museveni jokes at the launch of the 2nd 
edition of his book. Photos by PPU

"The English people are writing in Uganda today is terrible" complained President Yoweri Museveni today as he launched the 2nd edition of "Sowing The Mustard Seed" which he has had to edit himself.

Museveni said the first edition had grammatical mistakes, and therefore he “instructed the editors not to edit the second edition.That's why I decided to write the second edition." 

"So this book is also about the destroyers of English and Runyankore in Uganda," he added.





The 2nd launch was at Serena Hotel and guests included First Lady Janet Museveni, Former PM A Nsibambi, Archbishop Stanley Ntangali  & Chief Justice B Katurebe 

"About 3 years ago, when I met Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of USA, he told me he had read my book. I decided to re-write it personally so that I tell a clear story."



The first edition


“I want to thank Maama Janet because she was always there for our family as I was fighting for the country,” he concluded.

Prime Minister Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, speaking on behalf of NRM historicals, described Museveni as “an amazingly humble and patient man. I have not doubt there has been a fundamental change in Uganda under Museveni.”

Sowing the Mustard seed was first launched in 1997 and is "The autobiography of  Museveni. Museveni led a guerilla war to liberate his country from tyranny and, as President of Uganda, has established a reputation as one of the most widely respected African leaders of his generation."






Below is the full twitter story on the launch via STORIFY



No comments:

Post a Comment